About Us

My photo
Shawn and I were married 19 years ago. Since then we have had three great children: Elias is 17, Dalton is 15, and Megan is 12. They are our lives. We go to a lot of football and basketball games and dance reviews but, we love it and wouldn't change our lives for the world. I've started this blog so that family and friends can see what's going on in the Brooks family. So enjoy...

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Where did the time go?

Well, here it is February and I haven't written in quite a while!!  Life has been very busy (as usual).  Dalton recently made the 8th grade basketball team.  He loves it.  One game last week he drained 5 three-pointers and had a ton of rebounds.  He is quite the scrapper.  Elias got his drivers license this week.  Boy, it is a strange feeling to know that I have a child old enough to drive!  But, it is handy.  He has picked up his brother from practice, gone to the store for me and taken himself to his friend's house.  THAT is awesome!! Megan is counting down until she goes into young women's in April.  Her friend just turned 12 and is already going, Megan is so bummed.  Shawn and I went out for Valentines last night and we were realizing that next school year we will have no children in elementary school!  And, if Megan moves out after high school, we have six years until we are empty nesters.  That seems so unbelievable. I just have to say that I have the best kids on the planet.  They are really good kids who try to do what is right.  They are getting along so well right now and it make Shawn and I so pleased to watch them talking and playing together.  I am such a blessed person.  I don't know what I have done to deserve the blessings I have in my life but, I will be forever grateful and continue to thank God each day for His love and mercy in my life. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you finally posted!!! I have to agree that you have amazing children. I think the timing of Megan moving out is perfect, by then we'll have little kids and will need babysitters!!

Carolee said...

It's nice to see you still get on here. It was nice talking to you the other night. I think that your kids are awesome because of the way they have been raised. Take credit for all your hard work girl. Enjoy the few short years left that you have with them. It will be gone before you know it.
Love ya!

grandma m said...

I agree, your kids are awesome and so are their parents. I'm so lucky that you are my daughter.

Our family on the bridge next to our house

Our family on the bridge next to our house